Selected pieces - `Best of Blogs"
The state of the industry
The cultural challenges of the IT industry: managing knowledge, trapped by our sense of identity, and by habits we having wandered into carelessly.
- The Promises of DevOps 23rd June 2012
- The Gamesters of Transmogrification 31st July 2014
- Striking The Balance Between Man And Machine In IT Management 27th October 2011
- The Forsaken Art of Pedagogy 25th September 2014,
- Notes from the USENIX/LISA Knowledge Management Workshop Dec 2010
Explaining the science
- The Brain Horizon (Centralization and de-centralization) 22nd July 2014
- In Search of Science Behind `Complexity' Tue Mar 3 2015
- SDN: software defined networking, ... or small distributed namespaces? Sat Jan 18 2015
- Semantic spacetimes and cloud management: Virtualizing virtualization to scale infrastructure to an Internet of Things Thu Nov 20 2014 and Laugh IT up --- the Internet is just a gas! (Why IP addresses will continue to hurt us for years to come) Thu Apr 16 2015
- Deconstructing the `CAP theorem' for CM and DevOps 9th August 2012
- The Making of a Software Wind-Tunnel 10 April 2014