Some work about monitoring system behaviour
- PR 1998: Automated system administration with feedback regulation, Software Practice and Experience 28, 1519-1530 (1998)
- PR 1998: Computer Immunology
Explains the manifesto for self-healing, autononomic systems (best paper award).
- 1999: Measuring System Normality 1, with H. Haugerud, S. Straumsnes
- 2000: Measuring System Normality 2, With T. Reitan
- PR 2001:
The Kinematics Of Distributed Computer Transactions, Int. J. Mod. Phys. C, 12, 759 (2001). DOI: 10.1142/S012918310100195X
This paper explained the distributions found in Measuring System Normality papers
- PR 2002: Measuring system normality, ACM Transactions on Computing Systems 20, p.125-160 (started with H. Haugerud and S. Straumsnes and later completed with T. Reitan)
First empirical study of networked computers as a problem of incomplete information. Many of the data appeared earlier in the Principles of Network and System Administration textbook, while the paper was blocked in peer review.
Analytical Network and System Administration: Managing Human-Computer Systems
- PR 2002: Two dimensional time-series for anomaly detection and regulation in adaptive systems, in Proceedings of 13th IFIP/IEEE International Workshop on Distributed System, operations and management (DSOM 2002). "Management Technologies for E-Commerce and E-Business Applications" Springer 2002.
- PR 2004: Principle Component Analysis and importance ranking of distributed anomalies. Journal of Machine Learning 58 217-230, 2005
- PR 2006: Probabilistic anomaly detection in distributed computer networks. Science of Computer Programming. Volume 60 Issue 1, March 2006.
Explanation of the empirically grounded data model that explains CFEngine's scalable monitoring.
- 2007: Kyrre Begnum and Mark Burgess. Improving Anomaly Detection Event Analysis Using the EventRank Algorithm. Lecture Notes in Computer Science. Vol. 4543. 2007
- 2007: Unpublished Master Thesis proposal notes: Timeseries Interferometry (still not finished)
- 2008: PhD Thesis, Kyrre Begnum, Towards Autonomic Management in System Administration
- 2015: A Promise Theory Approach to Resilience: Faults, Errors, and Tolerance within Systems