Music, old and new...
Here is some roughly edited music written and recorded opportunistically over the years, occasionally in collaboration with friends, and with often primitive equipment.
I'm a guitarist and recently bassist, who dabbles in other things. Since the growing arthritic stiffness in my right hand, I can't play classical guitar since about 2010. Most of these were performed by me using various bits of software. Live recordings with Ole Martin Løvvik (clarinets and keyboards) and Tom Nielsen (drums).
Some new idea sketches dumped here
2016 - AI - Artificial Improvisation (Blues for the urban machine)Ideas put together with Garageband (bass clarinets played by Ole Martin Løvvik).
- What we should have said (dawn nocturne)
- Back in the race
- A day in the life...
- Heliopolis (visit Cairo)
- Getting it back together
- Weather report on Santanaorini
- The Traveller (Lynn's theme)
- What we should have said (dusk nocturne)
Some past highlights
- Live guitar improvisation (DI feed) 1989
- Exterior (1995)
- Dare - with N & T (1995)
- IPv4 surfing (1996)
- TickTock (1997) with N
- Space cadets - live improv (1990-something)
- Sonata in G (Domenico Scarlatti, Venezuela) Recorded 2006
2009 - Classical guitar (best effort recorded on laptop)
Here are some crudely recorded pieces, complete with mistakes, right hand stiffness, and analogue and digital distortion from my cheap sound card, recorded directly in some of the moments when my arthritis is behaving itself sufficiently. These were the pieces that inspired me to play right back in 1977. If I am able to improve or extend these recordings I will, for my own records. I'm ashamed to say that most days it doesn't get any better than this anymore :-( This was the last time I was going to be able to play classical guitar.
- Fantasia (Alonso de Mudarra, Spain 1546)
- Diferencias sobre "Guarddame las vacas" (Luys de Navarez Spain 1538),
as played by me under the title "Three cows in a magnetic field" with the 3 extra variations interpolated.
- Folias (Gaspar Sanz, Spain)
- Aria (Domenico Scarlatti, Venezuela)
- Sonata in G (Domenico Scarlatti, Venezuela)
- Cavatina (Theme from Deer Hunter) (Stanley Myers 1971)
- Spanish improv MB
- Choros No. 1 (Villa Lobos, Rio 1920)
- Danza Mora (Francisco Tarrega, Madrid) - :( Right hand piece
- The ghost of Xmas past with N
1997 - (Electronica/Jazz roughs)
- Traffic jam
Repent Harlequin.. Nocturne
- TickTock with N
- The Methuselah Syndrome
1996 - Film & Video (Electronica)
1995-?? Space Cadets (Live, unrehearsed improvisation)
Bass/guitar (MB), bass clarinet/keys (OL) and drums (TN)
Just a couple of edited samples. This was completely non-serious and often so funny we would laugh until we cried. We had an uncanny telepathy for improvisation. Note: the tracks are supposed to run together, so play in sequence:
1995 - Urban Platitudes (Industry)
- Beneath the Ice
- Closer and closer
- Urban Fable
- Still Walking Home (rerecorded from 1983)
- Dare - with N & T
- Shocks we suffered
- Waking with N